Who we are
Innovative, luxurious and pioneering – KaDeWe, Alsterhaus and Oberpollinger are among Germany’s greatest department stores and among the most renowned in the whole of Europe. They have become unmistakeable trademarks of their cities with their impressive history stretching back over 100 years. They symbolise an extraordinary shopping experience, an international brand portfolio and excellent service. They carry customers away to a world that inspires and informs, that isn’t run-of-the-mill but rather something very special. In addition to their unique product selection, their extraordinary product presentation and events are particularly appealing. Alsterhaus and Oberpollinger have been under the KaDeWe Group umbrella since 2015. The KaDeWe Group’s head office is in Berlin.
Head Office Berlin
The modern premises of the head office in Berlin’s Tiergarten is where the development of new concepts is driven forward, where marketing is managed and purchasing organised. Our national and international customers are at the heart of everything we do at our Berlin, Hamburg and Munich locations.
Our head office has the following departments:
- Accounting: The accountants process invoices and pay our suppliers, for example.
- Buying: Our buyers are managers with a keen sense of international trends and brands. There are highly skilled negotiators.
- Controlling: The Controlling department’s task is goal and result-orientated corporate management. The team works closely with management to identify and achieve corporate objectives. To do this, the team sets up and maintains controlling systems and professional reporting.
- Human Resources: The Human Resources department is responsible for all personnel-related processes from hiring to resignations.
- IT: The IT department makes hardware and software available, controls all computers, maintains cash register systems and the network connecting all locations. This facilitates and supports a range of processes.
- Learning & Development: The team is responsible for recruitment, training and professional development of colleagues at all locations, as well as HR marketing and recruitment.
- Legal: Our lawyers deal with any questions regarding competition, labour, sales and tenancy law, among others.
- Logistic/Supply Chain Management: The Logistic/Supply Chain Management department is responsible for the storage of our products, as well as transporting them from our central warehouse to our department stores.
- Marketing: Our Marketing department pursues an integrated approach to brand management and digital networking. The focus is placed on target group-orientated communication, which uses different media and channels to respond to the needs of our customers and to enthuse them about our brands.
- Merchandise Management: Merchandise Management is a separate team that works closely with the Buying teams and Logistics/Supply Chain Management to ensure that the ranges are planned, realised and sold according to the needs of our customers, always in accordance with the motto: “The right goods, at the right time, in the right place, in the right quantity”.
- Real Estate:In addition to the administration and operation (commercial and technical) of the buildings, the Real Estate division also deals with the refurbishment of corporate real estate (conception, conversion of sales and technical areas and building envelopes).
- Store Design: Most of our store designers are architects or interior designers. They design our interior spaces during renovations and modernisations and beyond.
- Visual Merchandising: The Visual Merchandising team develops ideas and concepts for window displays, as well as in-store presentation, contributing to the emotional appeal of the Point of Sale.
Our department stores have the following departments:
- Human Resources: The Human Resources department is responsible for all personnel-related processes from hiring to resignations. The department works closely with store management and head office.
- Customer Service: Customer Service staff work in one centralised place on any customer concerns. This includes service enquiries and special requests, but also our international guests in particular.
- Marketing: Our on-site Marketing staff implement ideas and concepts for events and campaigns.
- Organisation/Store Operations: Staff in Organisation take care of issues including in-store logistics, facility management, stocktaking and security, as well as operations and processes.
- Sales: Our sales assistants are dedicated consultants, facilitators and stylists to our customers, are experts in their specialist fields and have an instinct for trends.
- Visual Merchandising: The Visual Merchandising team implements ideas and concepts for display windows and retail space.